Skincare Saviours


When it comes to make up, I like to change things up pretty regularly, and whenever there's an exciting new release, it's usually only my bank balance (!!!) holding me back. Skincare is a different story. There are products I'm still incorporating into my routine three years on, because this hoe IS loyal, especially when it comes to lip balm apparently. I'll recommend these beauties to anybody who wants to talk skincare with me, and today that includes you, so please read on to discover why I keep this lot around.


I've spoken way too much about the Nuxe Micellar Cleansing Water with Rose Petals already in a separate blog post, but hey! Maybe if I keep harping on about it a few places will start stocking it in the 400ml size. (Dear cleansing Gods...please?). Anyway, repeating myself aside, this stuff takes off make up with ease- without being stripping, stinging or anything nasty. My skin feels soft afterwards, and it smells ever so slightly of rose petals, which can't be a bad thing. To follow and really cleanse the skin the No7 Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser was recommended to me by a friend a couple of years ago, and I've gone through several bottles since. It's a pretty fuss free product, but when I'm strict with myself and properly massage this in before steaming and removing with the accompanying muslin cloth, I find my skin really clears up. It's also a steal if you're sneaky and save those No7 vouchers they give you at the till in Boots, rather than using them to wrap up your used chewing gum. 
The Caudalie Beauty Elixir has to be one of the most refreshing facial sprays on the market, but this mist also smooths any dodgy skin texture, and also gives that fresh glow I am always craving. I use this one in lieu of toner, then follow with the Kiehls Iris Extract Activating Treatment Essence. Essence is a product within itself that I shove down everyone's throat- not literally, that would be unhealthy- because of how well it's worked for me. Kind of like a souped-up toner, the ingredients work to nourish and soften the skin, as well as combating dullness. Since I've used this the texture of my skin, especially around dry patches, has significantly smoothed out. It's a little thicker than a toner so there's no need to use a cotton pad, I just pat this on with my hands before moving onto my moisturiser.


During the day I use the Kiehl's Skin Rescuer and the Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream. I have fairly dry skin which is oily around my nose, eyelids and chin, but I'm also prone to spots, especially when I'm stressed or tired. The Skin Rescuer is effective as a daily moisturiser, and while it isn't a miracle worker, when my skin is flaring up I do notice blemishes going down faster when I'm using this baby on the regular. Aged 21, I'm not too worried about eye wrinkles just yet, but it is in the back of my mind, and having a daily eye cream helps soothe this slight concern. The formula of the Origins GinZing eye cream is ever so slightly glittery, which sounds horrifying, but actually subtly helps conceal ant dark circles lurking under the eyes.
By night I switch things up and use the Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré Nourishing Moisturiser, followed by the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate. As said previously, my skin is fairly dry, so I like to make sure I'm properly nourishing my skin at bedtime. The Embryolisse moisturiser feels very rich, which I love in a night cream, and my skin has certainly looked more plumped up since I started using this. The Midnight Recovery Concentrate is perfect before dropping off to sleep; the oil is lavender scented and feels very relaxing to apply. This works to reduce any dry patches, and I've also noticed it having a significant impact on any imperfections or blemishes. 
To finish off, I can't be without my Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm. Definitely my holy grail lip balm; this makes quick work of cracked, dry lips without feeling sticky or smelling weird.

There you have it! What are your favourite skincare picks? Let me know!

Never miss a post: follow me on Bloglovin'!


Emily Vyse

I'm an English and History of Art student splitting my time between York and Somerset. I hope you stick around! .

No comments:

Post a Comment