New-ish From Bourjois



Bourjois is not only a brand I have to type out six times before I spell it right- it's also a brand I never really gave much time to until a couple of years ago, when I finally got round to trying one of the original Rouge Edition Velvet liquid lipsticks. Pink Pong is one of my favourite matte lipsticks; a hot pink that stays put no matter how much gelato you stuff in your face. (What? It's a holiday staple!) 

Last month, whilst perusing the aisles of Boots instead of locating the cotton pads I'd actually come in for, I stumbled upon a 3for2 deal on the Bourjois counter, and like the sucker I am, came home with a bag full of goodies. 

Let's start with the good; the City Radiance Foundation is real nice. I've had several foundations from Bourjois before and they've brought the goods, so I had high hopes for this one. It didn't disappoint; glowy, fresh-looking skin that lasts most of the day. It has pretty low coverage so I'd  save it for those good skin days, but it fades nicely and SPF 30 ain't bad either. I will say though, the colour selection didn't blow me away. I'm pale as f and the lightest shade did me nicely, but there wasn't as much of a range as I'd of liked to see.

I also picked up two of the Souffle de Velvet liquid lipsticks, which I think are the latest in the Rouge Edition Velvet line. I chose the shades 07 Plum Plum Pidou and 05 Fuchsiamallow, which look almost identical both on the lips and swatched next to each other, but what can I say? I said I was a sucker, and these were the two shades I felt most suited to me.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to make of these. They look very pretty when first applied, giving a sheer wash of colour that is definitely more wearable than the opaque matte of the original formula, and they also feel infinitely more comfortable on the lips. Unlike most liquid lipsticks, this line doesn't  have the sensation of being hooked up to the Scream Extractor from Monsters Inc.

However, the lack of dryness means saying adios to the longevity; as pretty as they are, these lipsticks are not in it for the long haul. After about an hour all I'm left with is a fairly indiscernible tint, so don't even try wolfing down a sandwich with these on. I wouldn't be too fussed by this, but the Boots website reckons they hold for up to 10hrs, and I think you'd have to use paint sealant to get this formula to stick around that long. Also, despite feeling moisturising, my lips are still pretty dry after wearing these. Next time, I think I'll just stick with the originals.

From top: Fuchsiamallow, Plum Plum Pidou


^Fushiamallow in the flesh, "The Fuck Has My Lipstick Gone" facial expression not included



^Plum Plum Pidou
So what do you think? Have you tried anything from Bourjois? Let me know! 

Never miss a post: follow me on Bloglovin'!

Emily Vyse

I'm an English and History of Art student splitting my time between York and Somerset. I hope you stick around! .

4 comments:

  1. I haven't actually used Bourjois products before but definately want to

    Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason they were kind of under the radar for me for a while?? But some of their stuff is really good!

      Delete
  2. bourjois does great foundations and the one you got sounds lovely. will have a look at it soon.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete