L'Oreal Extraordinary Clay


 On the whole my hair is well behaved, but I do get fairly dry ends, and if I use anything too moisturising I run the risk of my scalp looking like it was dumped in a vat of oil. The quick-fix solution to this is simple: only condition from the mid-lengths down. This has worked well for me so far, but I came across this collection a couple of months ago in Boots, and figured I'd give it a whirl.

 I picked up the Extraordinary Clay Re-balancing ShampooConditioner and Pre-Shampoo Treatment, and I'm actually pretty impressed. The products contain three different clays (hence the name, duh), which aim to "re-balance" hair, ridding your roots of excess oil while still maintaining hydrated, swish-worthy lengths. On the most part, I agree with that claim.

 I felt after using the shampoo and conditioner that my hair was really damn clean. I did still have to use a little hair oil on the very tips of my hair, but I slathered this stuff all over my head and my roots still looked squeaky clean and with that "lift". These two are also very decently priced, meaning even you student paupers like myself can afford the bill. (They're also on offer right now at Boots- all three  products for £10!)

 The Pre-Shampoo Masque was particularly interesting to me, as I haven't ever really used anything like it before. I massage a pretty generous dollop into my dry roots, wait [im]patiently for five minutes, then continue my shower routine as per. When you first put this on, you're going to look like an extra in a budget 1970's Sci-Fi, not least because of the blue crap in your hair, but also because this stuff dyes both your forehead and hands blue. Never fear, it washes off, but not that easily, which was my only real issue with this product; it does require quite a bit of time stood under the shower head massaging your scalp (and hands) to actually get it out. Once it is out though, I found it definitely extended how long it took between washes before I ended up looking like I bathe in pizza grease.

What do you think? Have you tried this range? Let me know!

Never miss a post: follow me on Bloglovin'!

Emily Vyse

I'm an English and History of Art student splitting my time between York and Somerset. I hope you stick around! .

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Really interesting, I can never find good reviews on hair shampoo and conditioners so this was really useful!
    I was just wondering if this leaves much residue in the shower? Wouldn't want to annoy my house mates! haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, this one doesn't leave any residue in the shower, but you might want to look out for the Lush "Daddy-O" conditioner bar if that worries you. Luckily, I'm the only person in my house who's ever actually cleaned our shower, so I don't feel too guilty! Xx

      Delete