Las Iguanas


Fairly recently a new branch of Las Iguanas popped up in York, and feeling that "treat yo self" mentality, we all headed out to gorge ourselves on tapas. 

It wouldn't be girls' night without cocktails, and Las Iguanas has got a pretty extensive range. With a two-for-one deal and a belief that there's no such thing as too much dairy, Julia and I settled for Jaguar Milk; their own magnifica cachaca, chocolate liqueur, milk and cream. It was good- a solid 8/10 would-dairy-again. 


We shared a couple of starters/tapas to get that ball rolling:


^Nachos


^Dadinhos (crispy smoked cheese)


^Pato Taquito (duck and caramelised onion in a chargrilled tortilla)

I was really impressed with the quality of the tapas; the dadinhos were salty, crunchy and went beautifully with the sweetness of the accompanying chilli jam. You get a pretty big ass nacho portion, and they don't skimp on the toppings, which is my usual problem with nachos. Ain't nobody got time for cheese-less dry nachos at the bottom of the bowl. Even our native Spaniard, Julia, admitted that whilst not in the least authentic, this was pretty tasty tapas. 

Nicole as always arrived fashionably late, and since she'd skipped starters, ordered three for her main. I always get major food envy around Nicole; girl knows how to order. 


^Spicy chicken quesadilla


^Calamares with aioli 

I don't know who invented aioli, but I would like to send them a letter of gratitude.

For mains, Izzy just went for sweet potato fries (not pictured, but you know what sweet potato fries look like, right? RIGHT?), whereas Julia and I fancied some burritos. I'll be honest, these were okay, but nothing too special. I'd recommend going the tried-and-tested Nicole route and just ordering the tapas, which is really good. 


^sweet potato burrito


^Shredded beef burrito

By this point dessert was not an option if we were physically going to be able to walk home, so we settled for coffee instead. I'm not sure what this one was called as I can't find it listed on the website, but any coffee that involves condensed milk and chocolate is fine by me. 


I'd definitely recommend checking out Las Iguanas if you're into Mexican/Latin Inspired food; we had a lovely evening and will definitely be back for more tapas. The service was also fantastic, some of the best I've come across in York, and it's worth mentioning that the restaurant also offers Vegan and Gluten Free menus, respectively. As more of my friends are leaning towards the "no-meat" lifestyle, I appreciate anywhere trying to cater to all customers.

Have you tried Las Iguanas?

Never miss a post; follow me on Bloglovin'!

Also! Check out Julia's blog here!

Emily Vyse

I'm an English and History of Art student splitting my time between York and Somerset. I hope you stick around! .

20 comments:

  1. hey, I spotted you on Tanya's blog and decided to check your blog out! I have enjoyed reading it and decided to say hi! You can also check mine out if you've got any time! Interested in any collabs?
    shoppingobsessive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything look delish!
    https://liferealcrystal.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shirt. That look more ideal. A beautiful kiss and invite you to visit my blog.
    Lassietemaravillasdeamanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing shirt !
    NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good. Thank you for sharing!

    - Maya at www.TheKelleyDoll.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of the food looks amazing, it makes me so hungry!

    xo
    http://www.carinavardie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post. x

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loveeee Mexican food, I haven't been to Las Iguana but it looks and sound delish!
    Tenz
    www.shesabouthatlife.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so good D: Oh, if only I could take a taste of everything!

    http://www.deasynoel.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad I've already had my dinner tonight because those meals looked very tasty. I'll be in New York later on in the year so I will hopefully get a chance to try the place too :) Thanks for the recommendation.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg the food looks incredible! I'm so hungry now haha <3

    www.anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Food looks amazing, I would totally ear that tortilla right now! YUMMY:)
    xx
    http://putitallonme.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful post my dear! ♡♡♡ Amazing blog! ♡♡♡ I will be very glad if you will come to me! ♡♡♡ Please write comments to posts that you like! ♡♡♡ http://blondelafemme.blogspot.ru/2016/06/elegant.html ♡♡♡ http://blondelafemme.blogspot.ru/2016/06/barn-wedding.html ♡♡♡ Follow you dear!!!♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks so good! Esp. the smoked cheese
    www.sincerelymissj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am sitting at my work desk drooling. I want all of this, immediately!!

    Megan
    Denton & Lou 

    ReplyDelete
  16. Like the last photo :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah this is such a lovely post!! Everything looks lovely! :)

    Hope you're having a lovely weekend :)

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post. Beautiful photos
    I'm in love with your sweet sweater
    I love your blog.
    Visit mine if you want.
    kisses
    www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. That food looks so good, I'm so hungry now! haha. You have a lovely blog and seem so nice, let me know if you would like yo follow each other and stay in contact, I always love to make new blog friends! x

    adeleminer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete