Benefit Cheekathon Palette


 While York has many things, it is lacking a House of Fraser. Fortunately, under the guise of visiting my boo Felicity, I was able to pop into the branch in Cardiff and pick up this lil' beauty of a palette. 


I'd seen the Benefit Cheekathon Palette advertised on Twitter, and whilst "Cheekathon" sounds like some kind of charity event where celebrities flash their arses for dolla, in fact the palette holds five of the Benefit box blushers/bronzers. The shades are as follows:

From left to right: Coralista, Dallas, Rockateur, Hoola, Dandelion
I've had Dallas from previous palettes and really enjoyed it, as it gives the illusion that I've actually ventured out of my bedroom and caught the sun a little on my cheeks. Dandelion is another favourite; it's cooler toned, giving a pretty pink flush to the cheeks without making you look like a shopping-centre Father Christmas. I expect I'll get a little more use out of Coralista as the weather gets warmer and I chuck more gold-toned eye make-up in my general direction, as it's a more coral toned (obvs). Hoola is a much raved-about beauty community favourite, and I can see why. It's a very versatile shade, which can work all over to add that "why yes, I have just been somewhere that isn't the north of England" warmth to the skin, but being matte, also works well as a contour shade on my skin tone. I haven't really been reaching much for Rockateur, as I feel like it can sometimes assist my resembling the tomato snapchat filter, but I expect this dusty rose shade would be really beautiful on slightly less pasty skin tones.

^Dallas and Hoola. Hand attempting to hide unloved hair.
Across the board the pigmentation and formulation of these blushes is really good; they apply really nicely and stick around as long as most blushers I've tried. The packaging is fairly nice, and there's a big ass mirror inside. There's also a brush, but I chucked this as it's fairly stubby and feels a little scratchy on the skin. The palette comes to £44.50, which in my opinion is a really good deal. Individually, the box blushers cost £23.50 at House of Fraser, and the five are all full-size. Now I haven't done maths for a solid four years, but that seems like good value. Do I sound like an infomercial yet?

Have you tried any of the Benefit blushers/bronzers? What did you think? Let me know!

Never miss a post; follow me on Bloglovin'!

Emily Vyse

I'm an English and History of Art student splitting my time between York and Somerset. I hope you stick around! .

6 comments:

  1. Emily you are so pretty! Make-up on point! I am dying to get my hands on these blushes/bronzers/highlighters! Hoola and Dandellion are beautiful! Benefit is so good, for great pigmentation, but without it looking cakey!
    The pallet is SUCH good value for money, unreal really!
    I am also an aspiring blogger from York, would you like to do a meet up!
    Please check out my blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julia! I think a meet up would be pretty easy to organise given that we live three feet away from one another ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This palette looks incredible! I love Benefit's powders.

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely! Thanks for stopping by xx

      Delete
  4. I loooove Benefit Cosmetics! I've been looking for the next thing to get after Tarte's Amazonian Clay blushes, and this one is on my list. Thanks for sharing the colors!
    Likely By Sea

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I love Benefit cosmetics; I definitely need to get my hands on this palette! X

    http://marthamolly.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete